Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Totally Wired


My final big day of training left me totally shagged! Another 3.8km swim, 5hr ride (with 1:15 worth of intervals) and 1:20 run (with 40min worth of intervals) left me buggered, but confident of the race coming up. I made sure to test my nutrition, at leat in the latter stage of the ride, including caffeine and salt intake. Yet again I was completely wired all night, as I tried to shrug off the effects of 12 No-Doze tablets...

Sunday was more domestic, as I had a chance to do some cleaning up around the house and shopping. I did manage a small mountain bike ride in the arvo, which revealed a busted chain and bent tooth on the small chainring. Better now than during the Xterra Champs, coming up this weekend. So currently my mountain bike is in for repairs. I am getting an attachment that should stop chainsuck put on. It had better work.

Now I am gradually reducing my training load until Forster, but keeping some of the intensity. For example, this morning, my long run was only 1:45, instead of 2:10, but I kept up the 15min intervals. I'm looking forward to doing less training, but I should get back into abs and stretching.

No comments: