Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Fartlek is Swedish for speedplay



Aaarrgghh!! The Xterra Australian championships have been post-poned from this weekend to two weeks before Forster. Nick (the organiser) must be close friends with Murphy. Actually, he said:


We're sure we ran over a Chinaman or what ever this year! Certainly Murphy
has been hard on our shoulder!!!!!!
Nick M


Unfortunately, all these things (Xterra Vic and Nowra were cancelled) makes it hard for the sport to grow in Australia, which is a damn shame, as I think it has potential to grow. Most triathletes know about the race, and it certainly gives people who have been doing basic tris something else to master.

Hmm, can a vegetarian eat their own placenta? Obviously this is a question for female vegos, but would they?

Today, I was meant to do a longish run with intervals, but a partial mental/physical spat really said no. So as I was heading over to the Canteen, I ran into a mate, who was going for a run, and I decided I didn't have to do my run, instead I could do a fun "fartlek" session. So off we went, and I think it did partly reguvenate me. A full rest day andI should be right.

Does the "fart" of fartlek mean speed or play in Swedish???

No comments: