Thursday, March 20, 2003

The Second Double


This weekend I am doing 2 triathlons. I have entered the open category in both of them, and I have only ever entered the open category in a triathlon once before, at the 2001 Corporate Games (which I won :).

The triathlon on Sunday is the 2003 Corporate Games, and I have a good chance of winning that. The Saturday race, the 2003 Xterra Australian Championships, is the big one, and the one I am concerned about. Although there are no major prizes, it is the Australian Champs, and hence attracts a few more names to the event, such as Jan Rehula (Sydney 2000 Bronze Medalist) and Guy Andrews. On top of that, the course is not very technical, so would favour those who aren't skilled on Mountain Bikes. And my swim is still way behind the top guys. So it will be hard to catch up, especially after the big swim sets I have done this week.

My aim is to not be embarrased - take out the swim slightly hard, and try to sit on someone slightly faster than me. Then try and take a few risks on the bike, before unleashing my run...

And enjoy my first proper race in the open category.

I last did 2 triathlons in one weekend on 22nd and 23rd of February this year, and had some great results. I'll post my race reports for them.

No comments: