Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Going off like a Frog in a Sock


As you approach an Ironman, you start to get a little anxious about things.
Am I eating enough carbs? Do I need more salt? Is my seat position too far back? Am I eating the right things during my long rides? Is my taper too much, or too little?

I now have another thing to anxite (?) over. A whooping great big blister on my heel. After appearing on a long run, resisting the stick of a little nipple-aid, and breaking during a swim, I have now spent about $80 on this lettle terror:
  • ~$10 on some special blister recovery tape (breathable and all that crap)
  • ~$7 on waterproof Band-aids (in case the above weren't good enough
  • ~$5 on extra wide Band-aids, for extra protection.
  • ~$20 on 2 pairs of normal sports socks
  • $39.95 on a special pair of socks

    Strewth, that's a lot of dosh for a pair of socks! I could get a pair of volleys with change for that.
    But I could justify it, as I am approaching Ironman panic mode...
    At least these socks are labelled left and right. I will know for sure that I have my socks on the correct feet, instead of guessing all the time (and miraculously getting it correct all the time).
  • No comments: