Thursday, March 31, 2005

Final Daywalk

I finished my training with a walk from Cherrybrook to North Ryde. This
was approximately 20km, (OK, maybe a little less). I ran a bit of the
way (maybe 5km) as I was a bit late. Overall, it took 3.5 hours.

Everything was OK gear wise - shoes with old orthotics, shorts and
t-shirt. Now for the real thing. I'll have to watch the following during
the walk:

* any hot spots on my feet should be tended to immediately
* likewise for any chaffing hot spots
* make sure I consume enough salt to avoid cramping
* enough carbs and protein to get me through the day, night, and day
again
* sore knees may require Ibuprofen, or knee braces
* wet and/or cold weather may present other challenges
* we should swap the lead, so no one is leading the whole time
* we need to stick together, which I may find hard to do

Fingers crossed!

No comments: