Tuesday, January 18, 2005


Walking 100km


I've entered the Melbourne Trailwalker, a 100km walk around the outskirts of Melbourne, with my good friends Tanya and Ian from Perth (whom I met in Canada, not having been to Perth yet), and one of Tanya's colleagues. It's organised by Oxfam, and its intention is to raise money, probably for the Tsunami, but whatever it is, it'll be for someone in need.


We all have to walk the 100km, and we have to do it in under 48 hours. I hope to finish it by dusk on the second day, but I'd really like to finish it without sleeping. Tanya is organising it (thanks honey!), and her work is putting up some of the costs for us (travel and accomodation - thanks MinProc).

I intend to use this blog as a place to put my training walks, much like I did with the Ironman. Hope things work out!

No comments: